Sundaram Fund, HDFC insurance display growing trend in Cummins India’s Mar’20 qtr.

Cummins India Logo

Cummins India Limited is into designing, manufacturing and distributing products related to engines, power generation, fuel systems, etc. The company had about 49% of its shares through the public category of shareholders, while the remaining 51% through the promoter and promoter group. The shareholding patterns of December 2019 and March 2020 were compared and the following changes were observed:

Increase in shareholding % – SBI Blue Chip Fund rose from 5.73% to 6.21%. ICICI Prudential Mid cap Fund stepped up from 1.63% to 1.67%. UTI MNC Fund grew from 1.31% to 1.41%. Sundaram Mutual Fund A/C Sundaram Mid Cap Fund extended from 1.08% to 1.19%. Alternate Investment Funds reported a rise from 0.24% to 0.34%. Foreign Portfolio Investors expanded their stakes from 6.28% to 7.46%. Insurance Companies up-stepped from 8.52% to 8.87%. Life Insurance Corporation Of India grew the bet from 5.33% to 5.70%. HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited stepped up from 1.14% to 1.16%. The no. of shareholders investing with Individual share capital up to Rs. 2 Lacs widened from 71,832 to 75,913, while the percentage went from 8.89% to 9.00%. The Trusts incremented the holdings from 0.07% to 0.09%. The Clearing Members‘ invested value grew from 0.14% to 0.37%. The Bodies Corporate climbed up from 0.79% to 0.82%.

Decrease in shareholding % – The collective shares of Mutual Funds fell down to 20.74% from 22.61%. Axis Mutual Fund Trustee Limited A/C Axis Mutual Fund A/C Axis Long Term Equity Fund reported a decrease from 3.48% to 3.35%. DSP Mid cap Fund decremented the stake from 1.42% to 1.40%. Aditya Birla Sun Life Trustee Private Limited A/C Aditya Birla Sun Life Frontline Equity Fund reduced the holdings from 1.25% to 1.05%. The Financial Institutions/ Banks lowered the value from 0.17% to 0.15%. The no. of shareholders with Individual share capital in excess of Rs. 2 Lacs lessened from 4 to 2 along with the percentage decreasing from 0.24% to 0.11%.

Unaltered shareholding % – General Insurance Corporation Of India at 1.01%, Unit Trust of India at 0.00%, Central Government/ State Government(s)/ President of India at 0.27%, NBFCs registered with RBI at 0.00%, IEPF at 0.04%, Foreign Nationals at 0.00%, HUF at 0.24%, Non-Resident Indian (NRI) at 0.51% and Director or Director’s Relatives at 0.01% maintained the holdings at their level in both the quarters of Dec’19 and Mar’20.

Kotak Emerging Equity Scheme and L & T Mutual Fund Trustee Ltd- L & T Mid Cap Fund might have entered as new shareholders or rose above 1.00% to appear at 1.18% and 1.10% respectively, in the March 2020 quarter. Reliance Capital Trustee Co Ltd-A/C Nippon India Large Cap Fund, Franklin India Equity Fund and Franklin Templeton Investment Funds might have exited or sunk below 1.00% in the March quarter; they were at 2.16%, 1.50% and 1.22% respectively in the December quarter. The no. of public shareholders enlarged from 78,168 to 82,577. There were no internal changes in the category of promoter and promoter group.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here