Rakesh Jhunjhunwala decreases his position in Titan in March 2020 Qtr.

Titan Company Limited is one of the largest manufacturers and sellers of watches, eyewear as well as jewellery in India. The company is a part of the Tata group and held about 47.09% of its shares through the public category. The other 52.91% came through the promoter and promoter group. The percentage of shares through both the mentioned categories, remained composed in both the quarters- December 2019 and March 2020. On comparing the pattern of public shareholdings for both the consecutive quarters, the following differences were noticed:

Increase in shareholding % – The collective shares percentage of the Mutual Funds showed an extension from 5.15% to 5.66%. The Alternate Investment Funds reported enhancement from 0.35% to 0.40%. The Insurance Companies had an overall uptrend from 3.52% to 4.74%. The LIC of India expanded from 1.64% to 2.27%. The Central Government/ State Government(s)/ President of India climbed up from 0.18% to 0.23%. The Clearing Members‘ stakes widened from 0.24% to 0.31%. The Non-Resident Indians (NRI) incremented their bets from 0.66% to 0.67%. The LLP appeared with 0.01% of growth from 0.04% to 0.05%. The Trusts increased their investment from 0.09% to 0.19%.

Decrease in shareholding % – The Foreign Portfolio Investors brought the value down from 18.31% to 17.74%. The Financial Institutions/ Banks stepped down from 0.08% to 0.07%. Bodies Corporate lowered the interest from 0.67% to 0.62%. About 19 shareholders with Individual share capital in excess of Rs. 2 Lacs reduced the holdings from 7.86% to 6.46%. Jhunjhunwala Rakesh Radheshyam lessened the portions from 5.27% to 4.43% and Jhunjhunwala Rekha Rakesh decremented the bets from 1.42% to 1.10%.

Uniform pattern – The Matthews Pacific Tiger Fund at 1.02%, The NBFCs at 0.00%, The Director or Director’s Relatives at 0.03%, HUF at 0.13%, IEPF at 0.40% and the investors with Individual share capital upto Rs. 2 Lacs at 9.38% maintained their respective percentage in both the quarters of Dec’19 and Mar’20.

Though, the category of investors with Individual share capital up to Rs. 2 Lacs maintained the value, it also reported an increase in no. of shareholders from 2,64,548 to 3,05,835. In the March quarter, SBI-ETF Quality marked an entry at 1.09% or might have raised above 1.00% unlike in the previous quarter of December. The promoter and promoter group displayed no internal changes. The no. of public shareholders grew from 2,79,795 to 3,22,922.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here