Mutual Funds, Banks show up-trended bets in Havell’s Mar’20 qtr.

Havells India Ltd Logo

Havells India Limited is one of the largest producers of electrical products. The products range from domestic appliances to industrial equipments. It had 40.48% of its investment through the public shareholders, and the remaining 59.52% came through the promoter and promoter group, for the two consecutive quarters of Dec’19 and Mar’20. On comparing the shareholding pattern for the two quarters, following trends were observed:

Increasing trend in the shareholding % – The total shares of Mutual Funds grew from 2.04% to 3.18%. The Alternate Investment Funds reported an increase from 0.11% 0.27%. Financial Institutions/ Banks grew the stakes from 3.37% to 4.15%. Life Insurance Corporation Of India went up from 3.04% to 3.78%. Insurance Companies incremented the bet from 0.38% to 0.67%. Central Government/ State Government(s)/ President of India extended the value from 0.18% to 0.23%. The shareholders with Individual share capital up to Rs. 2 Lacs went from 1,16,230 to 1,26,079, along with the percentage of their shares going up from 5.54% to 5.73%. 12 shareholders with Individual share capital in excess of Rs. 2 Lacs stepped up from 0.82% to 0.83%. The Trusts expanded the values from 0.51% to 0.61%. The Non-Resident Indian (NRI) climbed up from 0.48% to 0.51%. The Clearing Members reported a growth from 0.05% to 0.11%.

Decreasing trend in shareholding % – The Foreign Portfolio Investors reduced the bet from 25.88% to 23.04%. The Government Pension Fund Global stepped down from 1.97% to 1.94%. Smallcap World Fund, Inc decremented the value from 1.62 to 1.02%. NBFCs registered with RBI minimized from 0.01% to 0.00%.

Unaltered (Uniform) trend in shareholding % – Nalanda India Equity Fund Limited at 5.28%, IEPF at 0.03%, HUF at 0.11%, Unclaimed or Suspense or Escrow Account at 0.03% and the Bodies Corporate at 0.95% maintained unaltered values since the Dec’19 quarter.

Mirae Asset Large Cap Fund might have entered as a new shareholder or have grown above 1.00% to appear in the Mar’20 quarter at 1.49%. Steadview Capital Mauritius Limited and New World Fund Inc might have completely exited or have sunk below 1.00% to disappear in the Mar’20 quarter; these two held 1.71% and 1.10% respectively in Dec’19 quarter. The total number of public shareholders increased from 1,23,519 to 1,34,594.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here