J.P. Morgan reduced the stakes to 1.44% in Kajaria Ceramics | Mar’20 qtr

kajaria logo

Kajaria Ceramics Limited comes under the top ceramics and tiles manufacturers and retailers of India and the company has proved its significance at the global level. About 52.42% of its shares came through the public, while the remaining 47.58% came through the promoter and promoter group (percentages constant for Dec’19 and Mar’20 quarters). The differences between the public shareholding patterns of both the quarters of December 2019 and March 2020, are as follows:

Increase in shareholding % – The total value of Mutual Funds increased from 12.58% to 14.47%. Kotak Equity hybrid grew from 1.99% to 2.72%. MIRAE ASSETS LARGE CAP FUND rose from 3.35% to 3.66%.

Decrease in shareholding % – L & T MUTUAL FUND TRUSTEE LIMITED – L & T MID CAP FUND reduced from 1.83% to 1.52%. The Foreign Portfolio Investors reported a decrease from 23.97% to 23.14%. GOVERNMENT PENSION FUND GLOBAL lowered the bet from 4.71% to 4.63%. FRANKLIN TEMPLETON INVESTMENT FUNDS lessened from 1.49% to 1.45%. J P MORGAN FUNDS contracted the parts from 1.48% to 1.44%. The Insurance Companies stepped down from 0.15% to 0.13%. The number of shareholders, for the category of Individual share capital up to Rs. 2 Lacs, reduced from 62,373 to 61,306 and the holdings lowered from 9.54% to 9.30%. The Bodies Corporate decremented the value from 3.44% to 2.63%. HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited decreased the stakes from 1.30% to 1.16%.

Unchanged shareholding % – Franklin India Prima Fund at 2.34%, Alternate Investment Funds at 0.28%, Financial Institutions/ Banks at 0.00%, Central Government/ State Government(s)/ President of India at 0.43%, shareholders with Individual share capital in excess of Rs. 2 Lacs at 1.26%, Non-Resident Indians (NRI) at 0.49%, Trusts at 0.00%,and IEPF at 0.28% had unchanged holdings in both the quarters.

GOLDMAN SACHS INDIA LIMITED and KOTAK FUNDS INDIA MIDCAP FUND might have completely exited or sunk below 1.00% as they disappeared in the Mar’20 quarter after appearing at 1.01% and 1.03% respectively, in Dec’19 quarter. SBI CONSUMPTION OPPORTUNITIES FUND might have entered as a new entity or have rose above 1.00% in March, to appear at 1.13%. The number of public shareholders shrunk from 65,462 to 64,382.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here