HDFC-life insurance’s stake extends to 1.84% in NALCO’s Mar’20 Qtr.

NALCO Logo

National Aluminium Company Limited (NALCO) is a group ‘A’ CPSE, which conducts various operations in mining, metal and power under Ministry of Mines, Government of India. 48.50% of its shares are under the public category, while the remaining 51.50% are under the promoter and promoter group category. The varying trends in the public shareholding pattern of the company for the last two consecutive quarters of December 2019 and March 2020, are as follows :

Increase in shareholding % – The no. of shareholders with Individual share capital up to Rs. 2 Lacs escalated from 2,18,696 to 2,35,012, along with the holdings going up from 8.92% to 10.05%. The no. of shareholders with Individual share capital in excess of Rs. 2 Lacs climbed up from 379 to 457, with stakes increasing from 2.52% to 3.23%. The Non-Resident Indian (NRI) held 0.41% in the former quarter, while 0.50% in the latter one. HDFC LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED was at 1.62% and extended to 1.84%. QUALIFIED INSTITUTIONAL BUYER enhanced the investment from 4.10% to 4.61%. The Non-Resident Indian Non Repatriable stepped up from 0.11% to 0.12%.

Decrease in shareholding % – Overall Mutual Funds‘ decreased the value from 9.58% to 8.17%. ICICI PRUDENTIAL COMMODITIES FUND dropped from 6.40% to 5.90%. Foreign Portfolio Investors reduced the stake from 11.80% to 11.30%. Financial Institutions/Banks lessened from 6.07% to 6.04%. NBFCs registered with RBI stepped down from 0.01% to 0.00%. Bodies Corporate lowered the bets from 4.31% to 4.24%. Clearing Members‘ holdings sunk from 0.65% to 0.21%.

Stability in shareholding % – LIC OF INDIA PROFIT PLUS BALANCE FUND at 5.04%, Central Government/ State Government(s)/ President of India at 0.00%, Trusts at 0.02%, Overseas Corporate Bodies 0.00% and IEPF at 0.01% maintained their respective holdings in both quarters of Dec’19 and Mar’20.

UTI – CORE EQUITY FUND was at 1.13% in the former quarter and might have completely exited or dropped below 1.00% in the March quarter. BAJAJ ALLIANZ LIFE INSURANCE CO. LTD. was at 1.08% and might have completely exited or dropped below 1.00% in the latter quarter. THE NEW INDIA ASSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED might have elevated above 1.00% or entered as new investor at 1.08%. The no. of public shareholders increased from 2,24,975 to 2,41,491.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here