Axis Nifty ETF increases its stake to 1.27% in Nestle India’s March 2020 Qtr.

Nestle logo

Nestle India Ltd. is one of the major FMCG companies in India and is a part of the Nestle group. They have a large engagement in the food businesses. About 37.24% of its investments were through public category, while the other were 62.76% through the promoter and promoter group; these values were identical for both the quarters- December 2019 and March 2020. There were some internal differences in the public shareholding pattern of the two quarters. Those differences or changes are as follows :

Increase in public shareholding % – The collected holdings of All Mutual Funds grew from 4.13% to 4.19%. AXIS NIFTY ETF rose from 1.12% to 1.27%. The Alternate Investment Funds stepped up from 0.15% to 0.17%. The Insurance Companies extended their bets from 4.52% to 4.71%. The Clearing Members went from 0.05% to 0.12%. The Trusts moved up to 0.13% from 0.10%.

Decrease in public shareholding % – Foreign Portfolio Investors reduced from 12.07% to 11.81%. The Financial Institutions/ Banks lowered from 0.11% to 0.05%. LIFE INSURANCE CORPORATION OF INDIA lessened from 3.04% to 2.87%. The no. of shareholders having Individual share capital in excess of Rs. 2 Lacs incremented from 55 to 56, but their stakes decremented from 3.79% to 3.78%. The Bodies Corporate decreased the values from 1.94% to 1.90%.

Unaltered public shareholding % – Central Government/ State Government(s)/ President of India at 0.07%, Non-Institutions at 0.00%, NBFCs registered with RBI at 0.00%, Overseas Corporate Bodies at 0.00%, IEPF at 0.10%, Foreign Nationals at 0.00%, HUF at 0.18%, Non-Resident Indian (NRI) at 0.79% and shareholders with Individual share capital up to Rs. 2 Lacs at 9.24% held unaltered % of shares for the consecutive quarters of December 2019 and March 2020.

The no. of shareholders holding Individual share capital up to Rs. 2 Lacs enlarged from 93,520 to 1,06,341 in the latter quarter. The no. of public shareholders were 1,02,378 in the former quarter which expanded to 1,16,555 in the latter. There were only 2 promoter and promoter group shareholders in both the quarters. NESTLE S.A. with 34.28% value and MAGGI ENTERPRISES LIMITED with 28.48% are the part of the promoter group of Nestle India Ltd.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here